VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
Sept 11, 2017
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Jennifer Newhall, Jamie Lynch, Stacey Pellegrini, Natalie Sudall, Emily Brunner, Tereza Keohane, Dalhia Osman, Kimberly Shaw.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on October 9th, at 12:00 pm in the conference room adjacent to the library
Update from Treasurer:
- Budget and report procedures were discussed. No reports were prepared for this meeting.
Update on Online Directory Progress:
- The online directory has been launched. As of 9/11/17, 709 families have confirmed their information, 342 directories have been sold and 2 ads have been sold.
- Direct Donations and locker shelves were also sold via the new online school store. $3,420 direction donations were received and 53 locker shelves sold as well.
Update for Matt Gibson given by:
- The school is working on email blast to make parents aware of students walking to Gateway Shopping Center. The after school activities at Gateway, are not managed by the school. Parents who pick-up their students from school, should be mindful of the students walking to the shopping center.
- A notice will go out to parents reminding them that the bus circle should not be used for a drop-off or pick-up between the hours of 7:00-8:00am and between 1:45-3:30pm.
- Additional lockers are on order for the students who are currently without lockers.
- Curriculum nights were held on 9/5 and 9/7 and were well attended,
Update from VP Fundraising:
- The direct donation letter will go out to parents before the end of October. The goals of the fund raising campaign are still in discussion.
Update on Volunteers and Communications:
- Volunteers for the Health Screening and 7th and 8th grade dance have been secured.
Update from VP Social:
- The Teacher Luncheon in June was very appreciated by the teachers.
- The New Family Breakfast in August was very well attended and the help from the students was very much appreciated.
- Up Coming Events: National Walk To School Day, Halloween Contest.
Update from Cultural Arts:
- PTO is sponsoring an author visit from Greg Mone. There will be 4 sessions, 1 per grade as well as a breakout session for teachers.
- PTO meeting dates were changed to the 2nd Monday of the month.
- The meeting was adjourned at 1:45pm