VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
October 9, 2017
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Jennifer Newhall, Emily Brunner, Stacey Pellegrini, Natalie Sudall, Sarah Culbert, Tarin Cataldo, Tereza Keohane.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on November 13th, at 12:00 pm in the conference room adjacent to the library
Update for Matt Gibson given by:
- Parent/Teacher conference sign-ups and progress reports notifications will be sent on 10/20. The window to sign-up for conferences will be from 11/1 – 11/15.
- Initial PSSA results were discussed, state wide results were not available.
- Mike Szymendera – Dir. Of Instructional Technology discussed the proposed 1to1 laptop initiative for the 7th and 8th graders in 2018.
Update from VP Fundraising:
- The direct donation letter was approved and will be sent to parents via regular mail as well as email.
- Spirit Wear store is under construction and should be available in November.
- Barnes and Noble will host a book fair on November 11th and 12th.
Update from Cultural Arts:
- All students will have the opportunity to attend an assembly on October 12th, by Greg Mone. He is author of the “Jack the Geniuses” series. Greg will be signing books during his visit.
Update from Treasurer:
- The board discussed the necessary reports needed on a monthly basis to make financial decisions.
- The 2017-18 budget was discussed.
- School Board member and Facilities Chairperson Michelle Burger spoke to board regarding the October 10th Facilities meeting to discuss the Traffic Study results addressing the traffic congestion at the school. She encouraged attendance at the meeting and for questions from those who could not attend be forwarded to email@example.com. The meeting will be held at 940 West Valley Road, Suite 1700, Wayne PA at 7pm.
- Tarin Cataldo presented the new approval procedures for the Golden Apple Grants.
- An update from the ISC meeting was provided to the Board.
- The open board positions will be posted on the PTO website and announced on the weekly blast.
- The meeting was adjourned at 1:45pm