VFMS PTO Meeting Agenda
Tues, March 2nd, 7:00 pm
Updates from Mr. Gibson –
Updates from T&E Care – Amanda Ivory
Upcoming clothing drive
Updates from Dental Clinic – Melissa Hough
President – Un Kyong Ho
- Community Conversations – update on Diversity Cmte Sankofa collab.
- Builder’s Club Family Virtual Bingo Night – March 25th, 6:30 pm. Free to first 250 ppl. They want help from PTO to collect money from raffle tickets and with raffle process. Spring Strides/Fundraising.
- Green initiative with TE Middle – we’ve assembled a great team. Working on getting bins together and will have a meeting with them soon.
- Can someone else take over 7th grade FB posting for Heather? She is no longer on FB.
- Website revamp – ongoing; adding Stripe now to ease online purchases & moving back to full plan with Kym.
Communications – Judy Reiter
Socials/Volunteers – Chrystele Baden, Shilpa Gupta
Fundraising – Versha Shah & Heather McConnell
- Teacher Appreciation week
- Builder Club run
- 4th grade spiritwear sale
Cultural Arts – Amy Terlecki & Megan Edwards
- 3/24 – 8th grade assembly/webinar with Dr. Melba Pattillo Beals time still tbd, likely afternoon.
- 5th grade – nothing in place yet
- 7th grade – kitty jones and the american revolution Q&A 3/4
Treasury – Michelle Iwachiw
Golden Apple Grants – Tereza Keohane
- Emailed Mr.Gibson about the recent request for reimbursement for purchase of a fairly expensive and proven wireless headset for the classroom from Mr.Hampton. Since the headset is a necessity in today’s classroom it should have been reimbursed with SD Technology funds rather than PTO’s Golden Apple Grant. Mr.Gibson agreed and I emailed Mr.Hampton asking him to submit for reimbursement to him instead.
Directory – Stephanie Crill
- What to include in this Sunday’s Blast?: