January 12, 2021
Meeting commenced at 7:00 PM
In attendance were:
- Un Kyong Ho
- Amy Terlecki
- Megan Edwards
- Judy Reiter
- Kusuma Muglurmath
- Michelle Iwachiw
- Versha Shah
- Heather McConnell
Call to order
Treasury report – Michelle Iwachiw
- Direct donations have come in.
- Once we put away our reserve amount of $13,000, some amount will be left over.
- Directory sales are continuing.
- Working on accounting the amounts. Once finalized, I will share it with the board.
- Un Kyong: We can use some of the reserve for the website revamp.
President’s updates – Un Kyong Ho
- Spoke with TE President about our first community event.
- Planning for an event in February with Anita Friday on the history of segregation in our community.
- Kate Schatz donated $400 – the extra proceeds from her talk to VFMS and TE PTO.
- Eying a chocolate site in West Chester for Valentine’s day fundraising.
- Valley Forge Builder’s club is trying to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
- They are soliciting gift cards as prizes for winners of Virtual Bingo to raise money.
- Tracy at TE middle is asking if we want to join the Green Initiative.
- They collect recycling items to go to the green building project.
- As part of this, information needs to be disseminated to elementary schools.
- A drop off box needs to be created at VFMS.
- She is looking to find interested volunteers.
- Will send this info to the blast to find out if anyone is interested.
Cultural Events report – Amy Terlecki and Megan Edwards
- Working with teachers and authors to organize author visits.
- The cost of one event is $500 and for two is $800.
- Waiting for authors’ confirmation.
- Communicated with Dr, Melba Beals, the author of “Warriors Don’t Cry”.
- Waiting for her response.
- We are well in budget for the events.
- Working to find out plans for 5th and 7th grades.
- Both grades like to use Kit’s Interactive Theater.
- Also working with Dr. Rothera on the dates.
Fundraising report – Versha Shah and Heather McConnell
- Launched Chipotle fundraiser. We will be paid if we hit $150.
- Can we send out a reminder regarding this in the blast?
- We should also share it with grade level PTO web pages.
- Completed setting up the Scripps account in December.
- Contacted a small bakery in Exton for a fundraiser in Feb.
- Planning a virtual marathon for March/April.
- We should market Scripps for Valentine’s day.
- We must send out a blast to 4th grade families for Spirit wear sale for their incoming 5th graders.
- We need to come up with a plan for the Teachers Luncheon in May.
- We should explore both food and non food options.
- Must raise funds for the event around spring break.
- We should check with Mr. Gibson regarding food policy this year.
- We can feature the event in the PTO blast to find out if any local businesses are interested in catering for the event.
Meeting concluded at 8:15 PM.