Compiled and edited by Kusuma Muglurmath
Meeting commenced at 7:00 PM
In attendance were:
- Un Kyong Ho
- Amy Terlecki
- Judy Reiter
- Kusuma Muglurmath
- Michelle Iwachiw
- Anjali Gupta
- Jaqueline Cosgrove
Call to order
The board welcomed all new members.
President’s updates – Un Kyong Ho
- Website has been remodeled to work better for families.
- Board members please go through the website and provide feedback.
- PTO calendar will benefit from the district calendar plugged in.
- 5th and 6th grade locker distribution and set up is going on.
- Partnering with TE Middle to work with TE Library.
- Working with Kym for G-Suite setup.
- VFMS is beginning a new national program, Girls on the run.
- This is an 8 week long program which promotes being active and team building among young girls through running.
- Coaches needed. No prior experience necessary, training will be provided.
PTO blasts – Jaqueline Cosgrove
Will work with Judy and Stacy for getting set up for the blasts.
Treasury report – Michelle Iwachiw and Anjali Gupta
- Prepared an initial budget sheet.
- Need to go over and decide the expectation for each of the fundraising departments for this school year.
- The board agreed to continue directory sales 2021.
- The board discussed the format of the excel sheet for better presentation.
- Budget goals for the year were set.
- Golden Apple grant: The Golden Apple grant money was largely unused last year.
- This year, it will be set at the same amount.
- Teacher appreciation fundraiser goal was increased.
- Salon series budget was lowered.
- Un Kyong, Amy Terlecki, Michelle Iwachiw and Anjali Gupta planned to meet to further discuss the budget.
Communications report – Judy Reiter
- Working through the website revamp.
- Please send your items to be published by the end of the week. They go live during the weekend.
Fundraising report – Versha Shah and Emily Puk Carteen
- Restaurant fundraising was discussed.
- Working with the builder’s club to find out if they want to partner again for fundraising.
- Called the spirit wear supplier.
Un Kyong Ho:
- We need a cohort of volunteers that can step up to various events throughout the school year.
- Announcements need to be made on the PTO website along with the job descriptions to provide volunteers a clear idea of the job.
Cultural Events report – Amy Terlecki
- Working on this year’s cultural art schedule.
- Unsure if there will be fall assembly.
Meeting concluded at 9:20 PM
Next Meeting : September 8, 2021