Call to Order
- The Meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Sarah Culbert, Kristin Courtney, Michelle Rossi, Jennifer Newhall, Natalie Sudahl, Matt Gibson
Update from Matt Gibson
- Both Back to School Nights were very well attended. Matt has received positive feed on the early dates of Back to School Nights.
- The staff is currently working a FAQ for parents, similar to the Middle School For Dummies concept.
- PSSA letters and scores will be mailed out the week of September 21st.
- Update from VP Fundraising
- Update on Volunteers and Communications – Marine Havel our new VP had to leave early. We will receive update at the our October meeting
- Update from Treasurer – see attached
- Spirit Wear – We have sold $2,500 in spirit wear. The ability to accept credit cards helped to increase sales.
- Directory –– All orders for the directory must be received by September 18th. Over $1,700 in advertising has been sold.
- Handles Night – Due to a change in staff at Handles they are changing the process for the fundraising night, which we feel will affect the ability to raise money. We are not sure if this event will take place this year.
- Direct Donations – We will be sending out a letter in the beginning of October to Valley Forge families. We would like to include a concrete goal within the letter, letting families know what their donations are going towards. We feel it is also important to let families know that the direct donation campaign has replaced the other sales oriented fundraising activities from years past. In the 2014/15 school year we had 137 families participate and raised $9,772.00 We would like to increase participation to 25% for the 2015/16 school year.
- Fall Barnes and Nobel Events – will be held the weekend of November 14th an 15th both in the store and online.
- Locker Shelves Sales– New lockers were installed in part of the school over the summer, causing some issues with the vendor due to the size change in the lockers. The manufacturer was able resize the shelves to accommodate for the new lockers for an additional $5.00 per shelf.
Update from VP Social
- New Family Breakfast – 50 new families attended the breakfast, hosted by the Valley Forge Golden Eagles.
- The Welcome Back 7th and 8th grade dance – Will be held on September 18th. All chaperones have been secured.
- Principal Meet and Greets – We have postponed the meet and greets to January due to the timing of the Back to School nights and the increased attendance.
- Parent Social – There is no set date as of yet, the committee is still looking for a venue. We hope to have the event in the Spring.
Update from VP Cultural Affairs
- Fall Delta Show will be Cello Furry. They will be at VFMS during school on November 9th.
- The Spring Delta Show will be Step Africa. Performances will take place on February 29th in the evening and during school on March 3rd.
Update from the President
- Walk to School Day will take place on November 14th. This will coincide with the Valley Forge Elementary Walk to School Day.
- Randy Grainger will attend our October meeting to discuss the Beautification project plans.
The next meeting will take place on October 15th.