VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
November 21, 2016
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Jennifer Newhall, Dalia Osman, Tereza Keohane, Stacy Pellegrini.
- The minutes from the November PTO meeting were reviewed an approved.
Update from Treasurer:
- Please see attached financial statements.
- As of 11/21/16 the direction donation campaign has received $19,383.15 towards our goal of $20,000.
Update from Matt Gibson –
- The staff will work to start purchasing and implementing the direct donation gifts; 4 water fountains and purchase of additional ipads and laptops, as voted by the students.
- 6th grade will be going to the Franklin Institute first week of December.
- 7th grade Williamsburg trip information will begin to be disseminated after the Thanksgiving break.
- The 8th graders will begin the high school course selection process in January.
- Matt asked for feedback about the online conference scheduling.
Update from VP Fundraising:
- Shop and Dine Fundraiser in the Gateway shopping mall will take place on December 7th.
- The Fall Book Fair was held November 11-13th at Barnes and Noble. At the time of the meeting we did not have information on the total amount raised.
Update on Volunteers and Communications – No Update
Update from VP Social:
- The 7th/8th grade Winter Dance will be held on December 9th from 7:30 – 9:30 pm at VFMS. Parent volunteers are needed as chaperones.
- The grade coffees will be held in late Winter, in the cafeteria, to allow for more teacher attendance.
- Final dates for the coffees will come from Matt.
Update from Cultural Arts – No Update
The board approved the teacher/staff gifts for the holidays.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:45 pm.