Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Sarah Culbert, Julie Borrelli, Kristin Courtney, Jennifer Newhall, Natalie Sudall, Matt Gibson, Marine Havel, Jerry Morgan.
Update from Matt Gibson
- VFMS would like to request additional ipads and printers for the ipad carts.
- Winter grade coffees will be planned in November for a dates in January and February.
- The first marking period will end November 3rd with parent conferences at the end of November.
Update from Dr. Mike Szymendera (Director of Instructional Technology)
- The district is reviewing the opportunity to provide email accounts to all middle school students. They would like to test the program with 7th and 8th graders during the 2nd semester with the hope of rolling the program out to 5th and 6th grade next year.
- The district would like to implement a district wide learning management system, and are looking at Schoolology and Canvas. They hope to rollout the new learning management system next school year.
Update from Dr. Jacquelyn Hickey
- 2015 is the 50th anniversary of VFMS, and the administration would like the PTO to help celebrate the event by creating a 50th Anniversary committee. This committee would plan an event to commemorate the anniversary and potentially give a small gift to the students and staff.
- In addition to the event and small gift, the school would like help in digitizing old pictures and creating a collage or scrapbook to mark the anniversary.
- Wellness Week – they would like to see this event occur again. The emphasis should be on the idea of wellness, not just athletics.
Update from Treasurer – see attached
Update on Volunteers and Communications – Marine Havel
- We would like to be able to better utilize the PTO email addresses and are trying to implement a procedure that would forward emails received by our PTO email addresses to our personal email addresses. A test email should be coming out in the next week.
- We will update the website with 50th Anniversary pictures.
Update from VP Fundraising – Julie Borrelli
- Directories – were received today and will be distributed the following days.
- Handels – We will be selling Handels pint cards this year.
- Direct Donations –50th Anniversary, ipads and printers will be addressed in the direct donation letter to go out in the near future.
Update from VP Social – Frani Aufiero
- The 50th Anniversary celebration – need to create a committee, with the hope of a celebration in late May or early June 2016.
Update from Beautification Committee – Jerry Morgan
- Randy Grainger who is designing the enhancement of the outside of the school, was unexpectedly unable to attend the meeting. He has requested from the PTO an intention of the project, definition of the limits, time frame of the project and who our collaborative partners will be and who will execute the design, in addition, he will need elevation drawings and videos of the area to be improved. Our budget for the implementation is $2,000. The design should be complete by end of November, with installation to take place in the late Winter or early Spring.
The meeting adjourned at 1:55pm.