Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Sarah Culbert, Julie Borrelli, Marine Havel, Jennifer Newhall, Natalie Sudall, Michelle Rossi, Dalia Osman, Matt Gibson.
Update from Matt Gibson
- The guidance counselors are in the midst of giving small group lessons by grade to the VFMS students on digital citizenship.
- At the conclusion of these small group lessons, students should be able to recognize inappropriate use of technology, respond safely to inappropriate use of technology, and practice legal and ethical behavior when using technology.
Update from Treasurer – see attached
Update on Volunteers and Communications – Marine Havel
- All PTO Board meeting minutes are now being added to the website.
- We will be looking into changing email servers, from Constant Contact to Mail Chimp.
Update from VP Fundraising – Julie Borrelli
- The Barnes and Nobel Book Fair was held on November 13, 14, and 15th.
- Spirit Wear, the new credit card ability greatly enhanced our sales.
- Handles Pint Card Sales was successful and we hope to utilize the pint card sales again next year.
- The Direct Donation letters were mailed on November 13, to all VFMS families. All board member names were added to the letter. The letter encourages support for the PTO in the form of a direct donation so that the PTO can purchase of additional ipads for the students.
Update from VP Social – provide by Sarah Culbert
- The December 7th/8th grade dance will take place on December 19th. We will need parent chaperones.
Update from VP Cultural Affairs – Michelle Rossi
- Cello Furry performance was a great success. There were 2 performances and the students very much enjoyed the program
- Step Africa will be performing on March 3, 2016
- The Renaissance Man will be performing for the 8th grade English classes, schedule TBD.
Update from the President – Sarah Culbert
- There is a meeting on November 18th at VFMS to discuss the proposed fence around the school. All parents and community members are encouraged to attend
- Arch is presenting 2 programs in December –
- Just Talk About It – A discussion about stress, anxiety and substance abuse (Dec 10th 7-9 pm Conestoga High School)
- Parenting in the Age of Social Media (Dec 14th 9-10:30 am VFMS and 7-8:30 pm TEMS)
- The PTO agreed to donate $150 to help pay for a parent forum on “Students Need Sleep”, a discussion on the affects of sleep on children. The program will feature Dr. Judith Owens, Director of the Center for Pediatric Sleep Disorders, Children’s Hospital, Boston and Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School and Dr. Katherine Dahlsgaard, psychologist in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Dr. James Scanlon, Superintendent of Schools in West Chester, PA. A question and answer session will be held following the panel presentation.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:40pm.