VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
February 23, 2016
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Sarah Culbert, Frani Aufiero, Marine Havel, Jennifer Newhall, Natalie Sudall, Julie Borrelli, Dalia Osman
Update from Treasurer – see attached
Update on Volunteers and Communications
- We will be switching from Constant Contact to Mail Chimp for the PTO blasts. The timing of the change to occur will be as soon as possible.
- Open board positions will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
- Resources from the Sleep Forum, held at Radnor Middle School on 2/21/16, will be added to the website.
Update from VP Fundraising
- Ipad Direct donation solicitation – to date, we have received $13,209.
- Golden Apple Grants were given to the following: $1,000 to Andrew Mullin for the Stop Hunger Now program, and $500 for the 8th grade Leadership Seminar Senior Prom.
- Spirit Wear has raised $1,726.00, an increase over past years. We hope to continue this growth into next year.
- Spring Barnes and Noble book sale will be may 14th and 15th. The 5th and 6th grade chorus and Valley Forge Singers will be at B&N. The B&N café has offered to make a Valley Forge themed frappacino dyed blue, this has been a huge seller at other book fairs. B&N has also offered to hang VFMS student artwork throughout the store.
Update from VP Social
- 8th grade slide show is under way with Elizabeth Castleman. Wendy Walters will manage the reception. A committee meeting will be help soon.
- VFMS 50th Anniversary celebration will be on May13th. A meeting will be held the week on Feb 29th to assign roles.
- The next student dance will be held on April 15th.
Update from Cultural Arts
- A school wide assembly for Step Africa will be held March 3rd with an evening show at Radnor High School Friday night, March 4th.
- We will have a visiting author, Kwami Alexander, to coordinate with the district summer reading. He will be at VMFS during the 2 week period of 10/10 – 10/17.
Update from the President
- Wellness Week will be held March 14-18 during the 5th and 6th activity periods. It will consist of themed activities: Monday – Move It, Tuesday – Service and Stress Management, Wednesday – Nutrition, Thursday – Visit from Philadelphia Soul, Friday – Fun Day.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:44pm.