Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Diana Ecker, Jennifer Newhall, Dalia Osman, Natalie Sudall, Emily Brunner, Jamie Lynch.
- The minutes from the January PTO meeting were reviewed and approved.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on March 20, at 12:00 pm in the conference room adjacent to the library.
Update from Treasurer:
- Please see attached financial statements.
- As of 2/13/17 the direction donation campaign has received $23,473.54 towards our goal.
- The budget was reviewed and it was determined that we will are able to fund the 4 water bottle filling fountains as well as the 30 ipads and a charging station.
Update for Matt Gibson given by:
- The board received an update on PSSA testing schedule. ELA testing will occur 4/3-4/6. 4/7 will be a make-up day. Math testing will occur 4/25 -4/27. Science testing will occur 5/2-5/3.
- A letter will be sent to the parents regarding the PSSA testing along with the schedule and information how to review the material and requesting the option to opt of out testing.
- The new water bottle filters are being used heavily by the children and are very much appreciated by the students.
Update from VP Fundraising:
- A draft of the second direct donation letter was circulated to the board for comment.
Update on Volunteers and Communications:
- A request for volunteers and RSVPs for the grade coffees has been added to the PTO website as well as the weekly blasts.
- Jamie Lynch created rules for a VFMS PTO Facebook Group page. The rules were reviewed and approved by the board, please see attached. This page will be used as an additional tool to disseminate information volunteer opportunities and announcements.
Update from VP Social:
- The grade coffees will be held in late Winter, in the cafeteria, to allow for more teacher attendance.
Update from Cultural Arts –
- Based on the boards desire to add additional Cultural Arts programming for the 2016-17 school year, Mr. Gibson agreed to cover the additional expenses of $1,126.
- A presentation about what PSSA testing has done to education in our school district, along with a screening of the documentary Defies Measurement will be held at the Tredyffrin Library on February 22 from 7-9pm. All are encouraged to attend
- Wellness week has been held during a week of the PSSA testing. We are in need of a volunteer to coordinate the activities. This event is usually attended by the 5th and 6th graders. Dr. Hickey Rothera is the school contact for this event. A suggestion to have activities run by Dr. Recess was mentioned, if we are not able to secure volunteers for this event. More research is needed to determine the budget and actual need of this type of activity.
- The PTO Board will look into the benefits of creating a Facebook page as a tool to better communicate with the parents.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:49 pm.
Click here to see the februaryfinancialreports