The luncheon meeting began at approximately 1:00 pm at the home of Bridget Tomasicchio.
In attendance from the PTO Board were Bridget Tomasicchio, Lisa Murphy, Kathy Wynn, Deb Riener, Elizabeth Castleman, and Lisa Davis. Several VFMS parents were in attendance as well as incoming board members.
Bridget welcomed everyone. She gave special thanks and recognition to the outgoing board members: Lisa Davis, Lisa Murphy, Deb Riener, Stephanie Anstine and herself. Elizabeth Castleman will remain on the board as the VP of Issues and Affairs.
Bridget gave special recognition to volunteer chairs:
- Sydney Ruth – Email Blast and Fitness Fair
- Frani Aufiero – Parent Social
- Jane Kluge – VFMS Teacher of the Week
- Donna Roulston – Directory Sales
Introduction of New Board
The following members were approved to serve on the PTO for the upcoming school year (2013/2014):
- President – Sarah Culbert
- Treasurer – Natalie Sudall
- Assistant Treasurer – Surekha Bhat
- VP of Communications and Volunteers – Kathy Wynn
- VP of Socials – Frani Aufiero
- VP of Fundraising – open
- VP of Issues and Affairs – Elizabeth Castleman
- Secretary – Sylvia Manoukian
- VP of Cultural Arts – Jo Howarth and Michelle Rossi
Review of PTO Activities for 2012-13
- Created a new PTO website
- Moved all sign ups to iVolunteer
- German/Latin Night Presentation
- Added DJ to Ice Cream Social
- Shortened Book Fair, moved to new location, and donated book credits to library
- Fun Fitness Fair
The big fundraisers this year were the Direct Donation Program which raised $12,520 and the Parent Social at McKenzie’s which raised $7,861. This money will be given back to the school in the gifts outlined below. In addition, money will be allocated for the Golden Apple Grant and a competitions program.
Gifts to School
- Ryan’s Story (anti bullying program)
- Sofa and chair for library
- Robotics start- up kit for new club
- Garden for Builder’s Club
- New books for the library
Future Needs/Wish List
- Traffic Committee (getting in and out of the school parking lot is a real issue)
- Notepads (similar to those used in the elementary schools)
- Beautification around the school
- Expand website
The meeting concluded at 2:30. This was the last PTO meeting of the 2012/13 school year.