VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
January 9, 2017
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Jennifer Newhall, Dalia Osman, Tereza Keohane, Stacy Pellegrini, Jamie Lynch.
- The minutes from the November PTO meeting were reviewed and approved.
- The next PTO meeting will be held on February 13, at 12:00 pm in the conference room adjacent to the library.
Update from Treasurer:
- Please see attached financial statements.
- As of 01/09/17 the direction donation campaign has received $20,686 towards our goal of $20,000.
- A gift of $5,500 was distributed to the VFMS teachers and staff.
Update from Matt Gibson:
- The school has purchased 4 water bottle fountains and an ipad cart with the money raised from the Direct Donation campaign.
Update from VP Fundraising:
- A follow-up letter will be sent out to the VFMS parents updating them on the direct donation campaign and requesting stronger participation from the VFMS families.
- Shop and Dine Fundraiser on December 7th raised approximately $400 from Chipotle and $50 from Five Below.
- The Fall Book Fair with Barnes and Noble raised approximately $475. There will be a Spring Book Fair with Barnes and Noble and we are expecting the participation to be stronger.
Update on Volunteers and Communications – No Update
Update from VP Social:
- The grade coffees will be held in late Winter, in the cafeteria, to allow for more teacher attendance.
- Final dates for the coffees will come from Matt.
Update from Cultural Arts –
- The Cultural Arts committee would add programming to this years (2016-17) calendar, specifically for the 5th, 6th and 7th graders. The additional funds needed for these programs would be approximately $2,236. The board agrees with the request but will need to confirm the additional funds are available.
- Wellness week has been held during a week of the PSSA testing. We are in need of a volunteer to coordinate the activities. This event is usually attended by the 5th and 6th graders. Dr. Hickey Rothera is the school contact for this event. A suggestion to have activities run by Dr. Recess was mentioned, if we are not able to secure volunteers for this event. More research is needed to determine the budget and actual need of this type of activity.
- The PTO Board will look into the benefits of creating a Facebook page as a tool to better communicate with the parents.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:49 pm.