Do you have a great idea for a new program, event, or activity that can enrich the student experience at VFMS? We’d love to hear about it – and may be able to provide funding through a Golden Apple Grant for you to implement your idea!
The Valley Forge Middle School PTO has created a fund to support outstanding and innovative programs, ideas and/or purchases which will enrich the educational experience at VFMS. Golden Apple Grants are awarded to individuals who have well thought out ideas and want to bring them to VFMS.
Golden Apple Grant amounts awarded are generally between $200 and $500, and typically up to 10 grants will be made available during each school year.
Any member of the VFMS community is welcome to apply, including teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and of course students. The PTO Board will review submitted applications, and grant recipients will be notified and receive funds on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until all budgeted funds have been allocated.
Ready to Apply? Use our online Golden Apple Grant application to submit your idea to us!
You can submit an application one of two ways:
- Apply Online
- By Email: please download the application form, complete it, then email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golden Apple Grant Showcase
See examples of some of the amazing things that have come from Golden Apple Grants in the Showcase!
Golden Apple Grant Guidelines
- Applicants should be in good standing in the VFMS community.
- Completed application forms should be submitted online or emailed as an attachment to the Golden Apple Coordinator and PTO President.
- Golden Apple Grant applications will be reviewed as received by the PTO executive board.
- Applicants will be notified of the approval/denial within two weeks of committee review. Funds will be distributed at that time.
- A record of all applications will be kept with the VFMS PTO.
- There is a $500 limit per Golden Apple Grant. Grants in excess of $500 will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may require further information.
- Golden Apple Grants will be approved and distributed on a first-come/first served basis. Any requests for additional money above and beyond the standard grant of $500 will be distributed at the board’s discretion.
- Applicants must itemize costs and turn in all receipts for what has been purchased.