The purpose of the Valley Forge Middle School PTO is to enrich the school experience for the students of VFMS. Through our fundraising, we are able to contribute all or most of the funds needed for:
- Enrichment and development programs
- Cultural Arts programs and author visits/talks
- Requested student programs
- Building facilities and equipment
- Golden Apple Grants: These grants support teacher and student initiatives and enrich the educational experience at VFMS. Learn more on our Golden Apple Grant page.
Our fundraising efforts are only successful through the generosity of our school families and our community – either by participating in individual fundraisers, or by making direct financial donations to the PTO.
Tax Deductions & Employer Match
The VFMS PTO is a 501c3 organization making your contributions 100% tax deductible and eligible for most employer’s matching gifts programs. Company matching gifts are an excellent way to maximize contributions to the VFMS PTO. In fact, depending on the company, employer matching gifts can double or even triple the original donor’s gift! We have compiled a list of participating employers in the area, many of whom have supported the PTO in the past. Any matching gift documentation that needs to be completed can be sent to the school to the attention of the Assistant Treasurer or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is only a partial list of participating companies and that you should check with your HR departments about your employer’s match.
We very sincerely appreciate everyone who has already made a donation and/or continues to support us in our fundraising efforts. We cannot do it without you!
If you would like to make a Direct Donation to the PTO, please complete the form below.
- Bank of America Matching Gift Program
- CVS Employee Volunteer Program Grants – Volunteer Challenge Grants are awarded on behalf of individuals who volunteer 15, 25 or 100 or more hours of service, to teams that volunteer more than 50 hours of service. https://cvshealth.com/sites/default/files/cvs-health-foundation-volunteer-challenge-grant-guidelines-2020.pdf
- GSK Employee Volunteer Program (www.easymatch.com/gsk)
- Merck Matching Gift Program
- Pfizer Matching Gift Program/Pfizer Foundation Volunteer Program:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies